Our hot and dry weather continues
The warm weather will continue for the next few days with more than triple digits in store. High temperatures will be around 100-104 with a heat index around 102-105. Although it is very hot, there are no heat advisories or warnings in place this weekend.
The next chance for rain will be late next week as a summer cold front creeps into northern Texas. This front will bring showers and thunderstorms next Friday and Saturday.
WILDFIRE POTENTIAL CONTINUES THROUGHOUT THE WEEK
The Texas A&M Forest Service said Tuesday afternoon that large wildfires could continue this week across much of north, central and east Texas.
“The wildfires in Palo Pinto, Somervell, and Walker counties occurred in high-hazard fuel types, which can exhibit extreme fire behavior when extremely dry and exposed to extreme weather conditions. high or critical fires,” said Texas A&M Forest Service fire analyst Luke Kanclerz. “In these fuels, resistance to control is often high and makes suppression efforts difficult for firefighters.”
The Forest Service said the fire environment, characterized by critical to extremely dry vegetation and critical fire weather, will support wildfire activity this week.
“Conditions seen yesterday contributed to extremely active wildfires across the state,” said Texas A&M Forest Service Fire Chief Wes Moorehead. “The increased operational tempo will continue into the next week. The Texas A&M Forest Service has strategically positioned incident commanders, firefighters, equipment, and aircraft in areas of concern for rapid response.
- SUNDAY: Generally sunny and warm. Low: 81. High: 102. Wind: S 5-15+ mph.
- MONDAY: Generally sunny and warm. Low: 81. High: 103. Wind: S 5-15 mph.
- TUESDAY: Generally sunny and very hot. Low: 81. High: 103. Wind: S 5-15 mph.
- WEDNESDAY: Generally sunny and warm. Low: 81. High: 103. Wind: S 5-15 mph.
- THURSDAY: Generally sunny and warm. Low: 81. High: 102. Wind: S 5-10 mph.
- FRIDAY: Partly cloudy with 20% to 30% chance of thunderstorms. Low: 80. High: 98. Wind: SW/NE 5-10 mph.
- SATURDAY: Partly cloudy with 20% to 30% chance of thunderstorms. Low: 77. High: 97. Wind: E 5-10 mph.
- SUNDAY: Partly cloudy with 10% chance of thunderstorms. Low: 77. High: 98. Wind: E 5-10 mph.
- MONDAY: Partly sunny and warm. Low: 79. High: 100. Wind: SE 10 mph.
- TUESDAY: Partly cloudy and warm. Low: 80. High: 100. Wind: S 5-10 mph.